From the article: Don't Call Me a Cougar - Rejecting the Cougar Stereotype
Funny how society is quick to label and stereotype a sexy older woman who's attractive to younger men. We're all familiar with the term 'cougar,' but what do we call a man who pursues women younger than him? Complete the sentence with a term you think would be appropriate. Maybe if enough of us agree on the same name, we can make it stick.
- Although I find both scenarios disgusting, if a woman is a Cougar, a man is still a Dirty Old Man.
- —Guest MammaBear
What Term Would You Use
- If a woman is a cougar, a man is a Chita Quick to bounce on a younger women and it's not even for love for most of them. It is for the title. Older women are sexier more agile than older men. I have been approached by so many older men and they act like predators.
- —Guest Nusha
- Gray wolf! ............................................................................................
- —Guest Manie
- Manther a man that dates younger women... Man version of a cougar. Either a Manther or a man cougar!
- —Guest Louisa
If a woman is a cougar a man is a
- Dribbling dog. Of course I couldn't think of a real equivalent as there isn't one. Men don't tend to be stereo-typed as much as women!!
- —Guest Tati
DIRTY OLD MAN
- dirty old man IS WHAT i WOULD designate for a man who goes after young women...thus, a woman after young men could be called dirty old ladies!
- —Guest Me
- Just like older wealthier men are 'sugar daddies' and the young women who pursue them are Gold Diggers ... So are the young men who pursue older wealthier women
- —Guest Annie
Cougars and what?
- Dirty old man? Pervert? These are the only two I've heard.
If a woman is a cougar, a man is a...
- wolf. (I guess that's a variation on "dog.") I do think it is sexist to only label older women who are with younger men, when no one pays attention to the old man dating a women 30 years younger. How critical would everyone be if a 70 year old woman dated a 40 year old man? People would be critical and disgusted. Yet the reverse happens all the time. It's a total double standard.
Haven't We Always Called Them...
- dogs? (Or "old dogs," always chasing young "tail," lol?) I think a term that's equivalent to "cougar" is "silver fox," but I"m not sure. It may not be completely equal because it doesn't have quite the subtle negativity that "cougar" has.
- —Guest Elizabeth
If a woman is a cougar....
- If a woman is a cougar a man is an hors-d'oeuvre. There, now I need to type so that I can have entered the minimum characters....
- —Guest Trinalina