Major Issues Facing Women and Their Impact on Women's Lives
- The Power of Women Voters
- Women and the Supreme Court
- President Obama - Responsive to Women's Issues?
- Reproduction & Contraception
The Power of Women Voters
How did women vote in the 2012 election? Why was there such a gender gap between President Obama and GOP challenger Mitt Romney when it came to women's votes? Did women decide the presidential election?
- Impact of the Women's Vote - Why Obama Won and Romney Lost
- Why Gender Matters When It Comes To Voter Turnout
- What We Learned From the 2012 Election
Women and the Supreme Court
If women outnumber men in the U.S., why doesn't the composition of the Supreme Court reflect this? Presidents from Reagan to Obama have tried to correct this with the nomination of female justices. Learn more about these women and the circumstances that placed them on the bench of the nation's highest court.
- Sonia Sotomayor, First Latina and Third Female Justice
- History of Women on the Supreme Court
- How Was the First Woman Nominated to the Supreme Court?
- Sandra Day O'Connor, First Female Supreme Court Justice
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Second Female Supreme Court Justice
President Obama - Responsive to Women's Issues?
In his first term in office, has Barack Obama been as sensitive to the needs of women as he promised during his campaign, particularly when it comes to pay equity, reproductive rights, healthcare, and supporting female leadership?
- Obama Restricts Abortion Coverage in High-Risk Pools
- Obama's White House Council on Women and Girls
- Gender Inclusive Language of Obama's Inaugural Address
- Obama and Women's Leadership
- Will Obama Be a Feminist President? Ms. Magazine Cover Controversy
- Obama and State of Women's Reproductive Rights
- Obama on Abortion
- Obama on Contraception
- Obama on Teen Pregnancy Prevention
- Obama on Domestic Violence Prevention
Reproduction & Contraception
Issues concerning women's reproductive rights and the various forms of contraception legally available to women in the United States.
- The Drug that Changed Reproductive Rights - The Pill
- Emergency Contraception - Resorting to Plan B
- New HHS Guidelines Attempt to Redefine Contraception as 'Abortion'
Pregnancy & Abortion
Facts, statistics and information about pregnancy and abortion in the United States.
- Teen Pregnancy in the US
- Teen Pregnancy in Pop Culture
- Why Teens Choose Abortion
- 10 Facts About Abortion
- 10 Arguments For Abortion & Against Abortion
- Why Women Choose Abortion
- Readers Respond: Why Did You Choose Abortion?
- Gender & Position on Abortion
- Roe v. Wade - How Have Legal Abortions Changed Women's Lives?
- RU-486 - The Abortion Pill
Violence Against Women
Rape, sexual assault, domestic abuse, prostitution - all of these involve the victimization of women. Facts and statistics, stories of abuse and survival, and ways to reduce violence against women.
- She's Famous, Beautiful and Abused - Chris Brown and Rihanna Assault
- 10 Facts About Teen Dating Abuse
- What Parents Don't Know About Tween Dating Violence
- Majority of Prostitutes Were Sexually Abused as Children
- It Shouldn't Happen to Women - Female Genital Mutilation
- Suppose This Was Your Daughter? - Child Brides & Child Marriage
- Calling for Help - Domestic Abuse & Rape Hotlines
Sex and Relationships
We seek love and intimacy throughout our lives, yet neither are ever a sure thing. Some women seek comfort and stability; others need excitement and experimentation. We may know ourselves, but the problem is - it takes two to tango.
- Impact of Viagra on Women's Sex Lives
- Why Do Men Cheat on Their Wives?
- Men, Sex and Porn - One Guy's Candid Opinion
- Men, Sex and Power - Why Powerful Men Behave Badly