38% - Testing of and treatment for Sexually Transmitted Diseases/Infections (STDs/STIs)
In 2010, Planned Parenthood provided a total of 4,179, 053 services which encompassed:
- STI tests for women and men -3,552,955
- Genital warts (HPV) treatments - 51, 197
- HIV tests for women and men - 574,901
In 2010, Planned Parenthood provided a total of 3,685,437 services which encompassed:
- Reversible contraception for women** - 2,219,726
- Emergency contraception kits - 1,461,816
- Vasectomy patients - 3, 290
- Female sterilization procedures - 605
In 2010, Planned Parenthood provided a total of 1,596,741 services which encompassed:
- Pap tests -769,769
- Breast Exams and Breast Care - 747,607
- Colposcopy procedures (for diagnosis of abnormal growth cells in the cervix) - 41,549
- LOOP/LEEP procedures (treatment for abnormal growths) - 2,432
- Cryotherapy procedures (treatment for abnormal growths - 1,254
10.4% - Other women's health services
In 2010, Planned Parenthood provided a total of 1,144,558 services which encompassed:
- Pregnancy tests -1,113,460
- Prenatal services - 31,098
In 2010, Planned Parenthood conducted a total of 329, 445 abortion procedures.
0.6% - Other health services
In 2010, Planned Parenthood provided a total of 68,132 services which encompassed:
- Family practice services for women and men - 35, 062
- Adoption referrals to other agencies - 841
- Other procedures for women and men (which include WIC services -- a federally funded nutrition program for low-income women, infants, and children up to the age of five -- as well as pediatric care and immunizations) - 32,229
* As defined by Planned Parenthood, "A service is a discrete clinical interaction, such as the administration of a physical exam or STI test or the provision of a birth control method." In 2010, Planned Parenthood health centers saw approximately three million patients. Collectively, they received nearly 11 million services during nearly five million clinical visits.
** Reversible contraceptive methods chosen by Planned Parenthood clients in 2010:
- Oral - 39.5%
- Non-prescription barrier - 17.8%
- No Method - 11.9%
- Progestin-only Injectables - 9.4%
- Other/Unknown - 8.4%
- Combined Hormone Ring - 5.7%
- IUD - 4.1%
- Combined Hormone Patch - 2.3%
- Contraceptive Implant - 0.7%
- Prescription Barrier - 0.1%
- Fertility Awareness-based Methods - 0.1%
"Jon Kyl says abortion services are 'well over 90 percent of what Planned Parenthood does.'" Politifact.com. 8 April 2011.
"Mammogram." Planned Parenthood Federation of America. PlannedParenthood.org. Retrieved 16 February 2012.
McCormack, John. "Planned Parenthood President Falsely Claimed Clinics Provide Mammograms." WeeklyStandard.com. 30 March 2011.
Robertson, Lori and Michael Morse. "Planned Parenthood." FactCheck.org. 18 April 2011. "Services." Planned Parenthood Federation of America.